Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Southwest Mini Cresent Burritos

Contest: 44th Pillsbury Bake Off Top 100 Finalist by Sharon Shelton

Testing month continues! I didn't get a chance to enter this Pillsbury Bake Off but I am already preparing for the next one. In the meantime, I figure I should try as many of the Top 100 Finalist recipes as I can. The top 100 go to Orlando, Fl to participate in the live Bake Off. The winner will be awarded one million dollars on April 12th. Crazy! A million dollars for a recipe!

Tonight's recipe got a great review from the husband and 2 year old. I liked how easy it was to make. I was able to pull this dinner together in minutes with a screaming baby on my leg (it has been a rough week around here). Big vote for ease! I liked the flavor, as I love all things Tex-Mex, but not sure if it is a million dollar recipe. Great meal, just not a crazy original use of Pillsbury product. Easy for me to make such bold reviews when I can't even get a response from any contests. Just sharing my thoughts. I would highly suggest this for a quick, family pleasing dinner!

Southwest Mini Crescent Burritos
By Sharon Shelton


INGREDIENTS
1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
1/2 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated garlic butter crescent dinner rolls (16 rolls)
1 EGGLAND’S BEST egg white, beaten
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup salsa
DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix spinach, chicken, beans, corn, cheese and taco seasoning mix; set aside.
2. Unroll 1 can of crescent dough; press perforations to seal. Press or roll into 13x9-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thirds to make 6 squares.
3. Spoon about 1/4 cup spinach mixture onto center of each square. Bring up one side of dough over filling and roll up, folding in sides as you roll. Pinch seam to seal. On ungreased cookie sheet, place rolls seam sides down and 2 inches apart. Repeat with second can of dough and remaining spinach mixture. Brush rolls with egg white.
4. Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream and salsa.


Pretty little pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment