Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cup o'Joe Chocolate Coookies

Contest: 44th Pillsbury Bake Off Top 100 Finalist - entered by Helen Fields

I am back! I have been pretty much without a kitchen for a week. We tore up our kitchen last weekend to have granite installed last Monday, then on Tuesday the A&E team from Sell This House moved in. What a crazy-fun week! I'll do a whole separate post on the Sell This House experience. It was lots of fun and our house looks incredible. I will post pictures of today's recipes later, can't find the cord to the camera. The "redesign" was a bit of a whirlwind and there are lots of things that we still have not found, like our coffee pot. We designated the pantry as our safe zone, that is were we hid our car keys, mail, cell phones or anything the we didn't want to get packed up. Now I am finding weird things in the pantry, but not the camera cord. Needless to say, the last week has been insane around here and while it was very exciting and a great experience, we are happy to return to our normal life and routine this week. Ahhhh... big sigh of relief.

I was so excited to be cooking again that I made two Pillsbury 100 deserts today. I have been wanting to make the Cup O'Joe Cookies for awhile, they sounded so easy and good. Definitely an easy recipe, but not the most impressive. My husband's exact words were "this is not a treat, but a punishment". He just isn't a coffee/desert person. That is way too harsh a statement for this cookie, but I do agree it is not a million dollar cookie. I made these cookies as a thank you gift. I owe the guys at my local fire station a thank you for getting me a Woburn Fire shirt on the fly. Turns out Roger likes to wear local shirts on Sell This House, just wish we had more advance notice, it was a tall order finding Woburn shirts. Since the cookies are only so-so and didn't make a lot, I think I'll whip up a batch of good ol'Toll House Cookies tomorrow. Together it will make an impressive cookie gift for the Fire Station. My oldest boy is so excited to visit the firemen. Glad to have the excuse!

Cup o'Joe Chocolate Cookies by Helen Fields


INGREDIENTS
1roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
1/3cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
1 1/2tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
1/4cup whipping cream
1/3cup Hershey’s® mini chips semi-sweet chocolate
DIRECTIONS
1.Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F.
2.In large bowl, mix cocoa, espresso powder and cream with wooden spoon until well blended. Crumble cookie dough into cocoa mixture; stir until well blended.
3.Shape dough into 30 balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Using bottom of drinking glass, flatten balls into 1 1/2-inch rounds. Press thumb into center of each round to make indentation. Fill each indention with 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate chips.
4.Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until edges of cookies are set. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment