Friday, March 19, 2010

Fake Baked Crab Cakes

Contest: Better with Bisquick - submitted by me
I got an email this week that I did not win the Gorton's Fish contest. Boo! They did list the top 30 recipes and I think there is an on-line voting period until they announce the grand price winner. I have a few packages of their product left in the freezer, I'll try some of the finalist in the next few weeks. I am sort of disappointed. I thought my Focaccia Fish Cakes were good.
The following is another seafood inspiration. I entered this in the Better with Bisquick contest last month. I don't think I'll hear about winning or losing on this utill mid April. I feel like this is a creative dish. I'm pretty proud of the silly name. Hope it get's a chance!
Fake Baked Crab Cakes
1 1/2 Cups Imitation Crab Meat
1/4 Cup Fresh Red Bell Pepper, chopped small
1 Shallot chopped small
1/4 Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley chopped
1 1/2 Teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1 Cup Bisquick
1 1/2 Cups Milk
3 Eggs
Sauce
3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a standard muffin pan (12 muffins). In bowl mix crab, red bell pepper, shallot, parsley and Old Bay seasoning. Divide this mix equally between all 12 spots in the muffin pan. In a separate bowl mix Bisquick, milk and egg till smooth. Top each muffin spot with 1/4 cup of the Bisquick mix. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown and solid through. Let cool a few minutes in pan then transfer each crab cake to a cooling rack.
Sauce
Mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and lemon juice till smooth.
Serve crab cakes topped with sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment