Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Contest Entries - Johnsonville Pastaville Contest

Pastaville - Italian Sausage Recipe Contest : Image

Here are my two entries in the Johnsonville Pastaville Italian Sausage Recipe Contest: Sweet Sausage Empanadas and Hogs in a Wrap.  Click through to the Johnsonville site for the recipe, I'll do a separate post when the contest is complete. The funny thing about this contest is it does not have to actually include pasta as the name might lead you to believe.  A little something I learned on the Cooking Contest Central members forum and a good bit of information as I would have only been making pasta dishes.

Growing up in the South I didn't really know much about Italian sausage, or good Italian food for that matter.  I was first introduced to Italian sausage and peppers on my first date with my husband.  It was a Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway Park.  My first trip to Fenway and my first time to smell the wonderful aroma of the sausage vendors.  Somehow the smell of the sausage vendors is actually better than the sausage tastes, it is that dirty, burning, grill smell that is so so good.  We did not eat Italian sausages on our first date, classy as that would have been, none the less anytime I get a whiff of Italian sausages and peppers on a grill it takes me right to Fenway Park.


Hopefully my sausage dishes will be as good as the Red Sox and win the big one.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment