Sunday, February 7, 2010

Forbidden Kisses - Mixingbowl.com

Contest: Creative Desserts for Two Challenge

I had a coupon for eggroll wrappers and wonton wrappers. Made something cool with the eggroll wrappers and was wondering what to do with the wontons then I saw this contest. I took a tip from the Texas State Fair and I fried up a lot of different chocolates. Turns out my original idea was best - Hershey Kisses. The dark chocolate kisses are best. If you like this recipe visit Mixingbowl.com and vote for me in the Creative Desserts for Two Challenge, this recipe is listed as Forbidden Kisses by Cooking4Fun. Enjoy!


Forbidden Kisses

Ingredients:
6 Hershey Kisses (Dark Chocolate are best)
6 Wonton Wrappers
2 Cups shortening (or your favorite frying oil)
1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar



Directions:
Heat oil in skillet, ensure the oil is about 1-2 two inches deep. Place one wonton wrapper on dry cutting board. Place Hershey Kiss in center of wonton wrapper. Pull all four corners up to meet on top of Hershey Kiss and seal with water. Should look like a star dumpling. Seal all edges well with water and pressing firmly. Place wontons in hot oil, cook each side 1-2 minutes, turning so all sides are golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towel lined plate. Move to serving plate, dust with powdered sugar or coco and serve immediately.

Easy to make as many as desired. 2 or the whole bag! Enjoy!




All the chocolates I tried. I had high hopes for the chocolate covered cherries, but they kind of got lost in the fry. My husband's reaction to fried chocolate - "Isn't that going the wrong way with chocolate?" I think fried chocolate is a great idea!




Seal up all four corners so the chocolate doesn't slip out.



Fry them up! Golden brown on all side.



Dust with powdered sugar or coco powder and serve warm. They are really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment