Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CSA Week 2






I was so proud of myself last week, I used everything, no waste! Consuming all this week will be harder - holy lettuce! Going to be a big salad week. Got 5 heads of salad greens. Also received some great things like green beans, yellow squash, cabbage and a huge thing of basil. Got another darn kohlrabi, this time it is purple. Hope the purple one is more exciting. I think I'll start this week with a big batch of pesto from the basil. I grow basil too so I should be able to pull of a nice big bowl of pesto. I bought some ground turkey and think I'll make stuffed cabbage. Planning a soup with the chard this week and any other veggies I can throw in it, probably some purple kohlrabi. And on the side or every meal will be a big big salad, with lots of radish!

Week Two Box
3 heads of lettuce
2 bunches of mixed salad greens
1 bunch Swiss Chard
1 Head of Cabbage
3 Yellow Summer Squash
Box of Green Beans
Bunch of Beets
2 big bunches of Radishes
Scallion Onions
Purple Kohlrabi
Bunch of Basil



Can you say SALAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment