Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups

Contest: 44th Pillsbury Bake Off Category Winner, Sweet Treats - Sue Compton for Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups

This recipe was very interesting to me and I can't believe I did not make it till today. I am NOT saying this is my idea.... but I had an idea similar that was going to be one of my Pillsbury entries once I figured out the logistics. My idea was to roll out a tube of sugar cookie dough then either bake it on or in a dome bowl or a bundt pan creating a "cookie bowl." This cookie bowl then could be used to make an ice cream bomb cake or a trifle. I did not figure on the dough melting off the pan into a pool of yuck. See below.


My failure has created a bit of unearned pride or support for this recipe. In no way would this recipe winning be like me winning, but it would validate to me that I was at least on the right track of thinking. Enough about me, how about we talk about someone that has a chance of winning!

I love this recipe! It is easy and very versatile. I did not make mine with the exact ingredients. There were no fresh raspberries today at the store and I really thought I had raspberry jam in the fridge, turns out I only had strawberry. So I used strawberry jam and blueberries on top. I only put nuts on half the cups, we have a nut allergy in the house and I don't trust the non-allergy kid to eat nuts because he can make a mess. Once I started filling the cups with ice cream I got off course; pulled out the chocolate ice cream, chocolate chips, jimmies (sprinkles) and was disappointed that I couldn't find M&Ms (guess I ate them).

This recipe has to have an excellent chance because it is simple, good and can be easily changed to meet anyone's taste. This is my vote for the million!

Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups

INGREDIENTS
1package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies (24 cookies)
4teaspoons sugar
1/3cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Walnuts, finely chopped
1/2cup Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
1/4cup Smucker’s® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
1 1/2cups vanilla bean ice cream, softened
24fresh raspberries

DIRECTIONS
1.Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Place 1 cookie dough round in each muffin cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
2.Place 2 teaspoons of the sugar in small bowl. Dip end of wooden spoon handle in sugar; carefully press into center of each cookie to make 1-inch-wide indentation. Cool completely in pan, about 20 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix walnuts and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until smooth.
4.Run knife around edges of cups to loosen; gently remove from pan. Dip rim of each cup into melted chocolate, then into walnut mixture. Place walnut side up on cookie sheet with sides.
5.In another small microwavable bowl, microwave jam uncovered on High about 15 seconds until melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam into each cup. Freeze cups about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
6.Spoon ice cream into cups, using small cookie scoop or measuring tablespoon. Top each cup with fresh raspberry. Store in freezer; let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
Very impressive little treats!


I got carried away and made several varieties. These would be so fun at a birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment